Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wk 3 - Reading

Risk-free activities.  This is something that I have enjoyed this year because the pressure to make a certain grade were removed and I new that if I messed up it was okay.  I felt like these activities are where the majority of learning took place for many of this year. 
This would be such a great option for my students.  As a chemistry teacher, so many of my students are so afraid of the subject to start with that the pressure of an assignment of top of the cripples their ability to think and succeed.  Risk-free activities provide a foundation for learning to begin.  This is such an awesome concept that I plan to incorporate more actively into my curriculum for my students.  I really believe this will be the key for many of my lower students to have the confidence to be successful.

1 comment:

  1. Good learning begins with the commitment to remain focused on the learning and not on some external method of measure.

    ReplyDelete