Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wk 2 - Free Write - Podcasts

I have recently, as in this week, become inspired by the use of podcasts in the classroom.  This is a great tool that I have overlooked.  I do my best to keep my students up to date with current events and other news that deals with Chemistry or science in general. But how awesome would it be to expose them to podcasts that are representing a different person's perspective.  This would be like an on-line field trip for many of my students. 
Also, another area dealing with podcasts that I overlooked was that they are many tutorial podcasts out there.  I have used YouTube videos  in the past as a way to expose my students to other teacher's methods on various topics in Chemistry but have yet to use a podcast.  
The possibilities are endless when I think about the various avenues that I could use existing podcasts for. 
Be inspired and find a podcast that would enhance your skills as a teacher or benefit your students.  The possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

  1. I too am a newbie to pod casts. I downloaded a handful of music related ones a few months ago, but have not listened to them yet. I was not super surprised at the variety of available pod casts but more so at the fact I have not tapped into this resource until now! I agree that I could be a life-time student and that pod casts are a good way to stay in touch with current trends, ideas, and happenings. If I had a captive audience, I would set a day aside each week to share an episode from a pod cast and have a class discussion on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad that you've been inspired to use podcasts. There is such a tremendous wealth of information out there. There's also a lot of junk but that's part of the fun, finding the gold amidst the rest. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete