Monday, September 20, 2010

BP12_PLE Week 3

Throughout the various courses I have taken so far at FSO I have been exposed to several different types of media that I would like to be able to devote time into becoming more proficient.  My two favorite have been using garageband and imovie.  For what I'm trying to accomplish with my action research project I feel that becoming more proficient at both of these would be of tremendous help.
One of my students inside my brand new fume hood
In this post I would like to focus on how I have started using imovie for my classes this year.  My students first project was to create a lab safety video.  That could be as funny, as creative, as serious or anything that they wanted as long as they promoted lab safety.  I allowed my students to use my video camera and to edit their clips using imovie.  Some of the groups had really good ideas and I feel like if I was more proficient in this area that I could have assisted them better.  I taught my students how to use transition between clips, add audio, duck audio, edit clips (both audio and video) and intro and outro slides.  But even with showing them this stuff I still felt like if I was more proficient the editing process it could have gone quicker and maybe even had more creative ideas incorporated into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment